Wichita gears up for basketball season

Throughout this basketball season, thousands of people in Wichita will be showing school spirit with clothing covered in images of Wu’s face and their favorite Wichita State players’ numbers.

Spectators repeatedly watch the team climb through the ranks of the Missouri Valley Conference and are anxious to see how the team will perform this year.

As a result, several stores in the area are selling Shocker merchandise to foster the excitement.

It has become a norm to see WSU apparel in grocery and others stores during the late fall. Stores currently selling merchandise include, but are not limited to, Tad’s Locker Room, Target, Victoria’s Secret, and the Wichita State University Bookstore. With these seasonal gear merchants also come students willing to show school pride.

“If you want to show your support this season, Victoria’s Secret is the way to go,” Jenna Gallegos, a WSU freshman and employee at Victoria’s Secret, said. “They have a variety of super cute tees, long-sleeves and jackets for WSU. If you need merch this basketball season, be sure to check out what’s in store at Victoria’s Secret.”

Another option for basketball fans wanting to show their spirit is Tad’s Locker Room, an athletics novelty store.

“The merchandise that I’ve bought at Tad’s Locker Room consists of basic tees and zip-up jackets,” WSU freshman Peyton Cole said. “Tad’s Locker Room is more affordable because they usually have sales going on.”

Other students recommended the bookstore located in the Rhatigan Student Center.

“I like the bookstore because they have unique and amazing Wichita State merchandise you can’t find anywhere else,” freshman Ian Englebright said. “Whether it be shirts, hoodies, or bow ties, the bookstore has an awesome selection of WSU items that make my friends and family envious.”