Letter to the Editor — Dr. Ron Kopita, former WSU VPs

We have been watching from afar as current students, former students, faculty, staff and even former President Emeritus Gene Hughes have been affirming Christine Schneikart-Luebbe’s dedicated service to Wichita State University.

As former Vice Presidents of Student Affairs at Wichita State, we also wanted to share our support for her dedicated service to the institution. Christine’s creative and leadership abilities were exemplary.

Every program she designed/created focused on making college affordable and or enriching and enhancing student life on campus. She was a dedicated employee who consistently went above and beyond what was asked of her. At her core, she was the quintessential student advocate. She always said students were the reason she got into the profession, and certainly the reason she remained. She is also well respected nationally through our professional organization, NASPA, serving on their national board and now on their National Foundation Board. Each of us relied on her for advice and guidance. She was and remains a dear friend and colleague.

Her departure from WSU is a tremendous loss to the university and the student body.

— Dr. Vicky Triponey Vice President of Student Affairs 1997-1998

— Dr. Tony Ross Vice President of Student Affairs 1998-1999

— Dr. Ron Kopita Vice President of Campus Life and University Relations 1999-2009

— Dr. Wade Robinson Vice President of Student Affairs 2009 – 2015