A letter from your SGA president

My fellow Shockers,

First, I want to welcome everyone to Wichita State for beginning of this fall semester, especially those new to the Shocker family.  WSU is going through a lot of changes, and I think it makes this a great time to be a Shocker.  

I wanted to introduce myself: my name is Darren Beckham and will be serving you as this year’s student body president.  My team of student leaders and I work in the Student Government Association office located in the second floor of the Rhatigan Student Center, room 210 – please feel free to come by and say hello.  

We have been hard at work this summer getting started on a number of projects that we think might play a part in making being a student at WSU even better.  We want your feedback on some ideas that we will share with you very soon through a couple campus-wide surveys.  

We will be working with the university to address issues like parking, student hunger, and 24-hour study spaces on campus. SGA wants to work on projects and ideas that you think are worthwhile.  

We are also committed to making student life a priority this year.  Alongside the Student Involvement Office, we will be offering a number of helpful workshops and opportunities for funding that help organizations grow and develop.    

SGA is also responsible for providing all students with free tickets to all NCAA sporting events held on campus as well as every production of the College of Fine Arts!  Don’t miss all the fun and unique things happening all over the university.

We hope that this year will be an especially exciting one.  If there is ever anything we can do for you – or any ideas you want us to work on – please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected].   SGA has a lot of resources to offer and we are about helping you.  

Again, I wish you a happy, fun, and fulfilling fall semester, and I hope to see you on campus sometime soon!

Shock On,

Darren Beckham