Cheer student goes from mats to class

Libby Heimerma, accounting freshman, practices cheer stunts in the Heskett Center.

Cheer. Eat. Class. Cheer. Repeat.

For Libby Heimerman, her day consists of a large amount of time on the cheer mats practicing and learning new skills.

“On days I have practice, I usually wake up around 5:45 to be at practice from 6:15-8:30. After, I usually eat breakfast and am in class by nine to about 1:45,” Heimerman said. “After my classes, I usually stunt for a few hours each day to learn new skills for nationals.”

Heimerman, a freshman from Garden Plain High School is studying accounting, and is a member of the Business LLC Program for the dorms. LLC stands for Living Learning Communities.

Students in the business LLC form connections with the Barton School of Business faculty and staff and with business leaders in the community.  A variety of business career-related programs and activities will be planned throughout the year to engage students.

Heimerman is a member of the sorority Gamma Phi Beta and is majoring in accounting. She will next perform with the cheer team for the volleyball game Sept. 26.

“My favorite experience is all the fun I have with the cheer team,” Heimerman said.