CBS Sports to broadcast 2018 AAC men’s basketball semifinals and championship

Head coach Gregg Marshall gestures to the fans. Marshall made a point to turn to each side of the arena and thank the fans for their support.

Hannah Roberts

Hannah Roberts

CBS Sports announced on Tuesday that they will live broadcast the 2018 American Athletic Conference men’s basketball  semifinal and championship games.

The 2018 AAC Men’s Basketball Championship will run March 8-11 at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida.

Both the semifinals and championship game take place during Selection Sunday weekend, and are through a sublicense agreement with ESPN. ESPN will broadcast the first two days of the championship, which will be a total of eight games.

American Athletic Conference Commissioner Mike Aresco released a statement saying:

“We are extremely pleased to have our semifinal and championship games on CBS, the home of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship and a long-time leader in televising NCAA Basketball.

This arrangement is another reflection of the growth and attractiveness of our men’s basketball. We thank both ESPN and CBS for working to facilitate this move, and we greatly value the relationship we have with these two college basketball television leaders.”

The semifinals are on Saturday, March 10 and the championship game is set to be played on Sunday, March 11 at 3:00 p.m. ET.