Shocker Food Locker moved to Grace Wilkie Hall for expansion

After being moved last summer to the Student Government offices, the Shocker Food Locker was once again relocated to Grace Wilkie Hall Room 103 to expand its services and make its usage more comfortable.

“There was an increase in its usage, and we were seeing that students were feeling uncomfortable in its current location,” Student Body President Paige Hungate said. “They were having to be very present with their needs of the food, and we wanted to have a space where students would feel more comfortable.”

The expansion of the food locker includes a new refrigerator to stock fresh, cool items. SGA will also try out stocking the locker with hygiene products and clothing.

“We are going to be working more on this throughout the year in order to see to it that this gets done by the end of the term,” Hungate said. “We are hoping to start these initiatives and test them out this upcoming semester.”

With the expansion, those who utilize the locker cann still only get 10 items a week, but SGA is seeing success in its new move.

“There has been definite success with this move and we are seeing a lot of great traction with it,” Hungate said. “Students are already using the facility and are feeling more comfortable with where it is located.”