Buying shocker gear for the school year

New students rush to the Rhatigan Student Center and buy their Shocker apparel at the start of the semester. Many students do this when they buy their books for classes. The RSC has a great selection, so it can be difficult to walk through the bookstore and not see the eyecatchng T-shrts and hats.

Online Selection

ShopNCAASports.com

The NCAA’s online store has five WSU things on the site, and it’s not worth spending your time to search.

ShockerLocker.com

Most of the things you can find at ShockerLocker.com, you can find in the RSC. The site can give you a good idea of what you might be interested in, but at the end of the day, it is better to go check it out yourself.

The Cheap-er Selection

Wal-Mart

If you are looking to buy a simple T-shirt or hat and do not have a lot of money, Wal-Mart is where you should go. They have a small collection of maybe five different styles of shirts for under $10 each. An even smaller collection of hats are available for about $5.

Dillons

Dillons has a nicer selection of shirts, but they can be a little pricier. They have five to 10 different styles and you can find T-shirts priced anywhere from $10 to $40. Dillons also has a few knick-knacks like cups and keychains.

Good Selection

Dick’s Sporting Goods and Sports Authority

Dick’s and Sports Authority have close to the same selection and prices. Most T-shirts and polos are $20 or more and they also have knick-knacks. A fan can also find a few novelty items at these two places.

Best Selection

Rhatgan Student Center

The RSC is an easy and convenient place to shop, located right on WSU’s campus. It has a great selection for all your Shocker needs, and it is a great place to check out for any Shocker fan.    

Sports Time Fan Shop

Sports Time Fan Shop sells custom and exclusive graphics and is getting a new selection in this fall. They also have a great section with gift and novelty items.

Sports Time is expanding upon its infant line, and they sell more women’s clothing than they do men’s.

“We have a lot of student business,” Shaena Garrity, inventory manager, said. “The fans are awesome. They are a lot of fun to have come into the store.”

A new online store is also coming out for Shocker fans across the country.

“We’re excited to announce a new online shop (SportsTimeFanShop.com) for Shocker merchandise launching Aug. 15,” Garrity said. “People from all over the country can show their Shocker spirit with unique gifts and exclusive apparel designs.

“As basketball season approaches more items will be arriving daily and will added to our new online store.”

Men’s basketball deals:

-Shocker win = 15 percent off

-Win and score between 80-89 points = 25 percent off

-Win and score 90 or more points = 40 percent off

Sports Time Fan Shop is located at 2441 N. Maize Road in New Market Square.

Tad’s Locker Room

Tad’s Locker Room has 20 different styles of hats and 50-75 different styles of shirts. They also have a great selection of novelty items. The owner, Tad Snarenberger, is a Wichita State alumnus and proud of it.

“We are all about Wichita State,” Snarenberger said. “ I graduated from Wichita State and we are black and gold.”

To see some of Tad’s selection online, visit TadsLockerRoom.com.

The deals:

-Present a student or military ID and receive 15 percent off.    

-Hats are buy one, get one half off all 12 months of the year.

The running scale based on WSU men’s basketball winning the game:

-More than 70 points = 10 percent off

-Score between 70-79 points = 15 percent off

-Score between 80-89 points = 20 percent off

-Score between 90-99 points = 25 percent off

-Score more than 100 points = 40 percent off