Friday preview

Friday+preview

Friday, Feb. 1

Food Bank Friday

Time: 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.

Location: RSC

Cost: Free!

Take some time this weekend to give back to your community by participating in the Community Service Board’s Food Bank Friday. You’ll carpool from the RSC to the Food4Kids backpack program, where you’ll spend the afternoon packaging food for children in need. It’s a great way to build relationships with other students while doing good for the community.

Second Stage Theatre presents ‘The Complete Works of Shakespeare’ Abridged

Time: 7:30 – 9 p.m.

Location: Hughes Metropolitan Complex, Welsbacher Theatre

Cost: Free Student Ticket (must request)

Do you laugh with Shakespeare or laugh at Shakespeare? Regardless of your answer, you’ll love “The Complete Works of Shakespeare” (Abridged), which squeezes all 37 of Shakespeare’s plays down to microscopic size in a blistering barrage of high and low comedy. It’s one of theatre’s most ridiculous and exciting shows — don’t miss it.

FUN: Future Now at the Ulrich

Time: 4 – 5 p.m.

Location: Ulrich Museum of Art

Cost: Free!

Do you love learning but hate slow-moving lectures and presentations? Then come to the Ulrich for a lightning round of Pechakucha-style presentations. Each presenter flips through 20 slides for 20 seconds, meaning each presentation clocks in at under seven minutes. There’s no time to get bored! Come fill your brain in one of the campus’s coolest venues.

Buffalo Wild Wings Trivia Night

Time: 6 p.m.

Location: Buffalo Wild Wings, 3236 N Rock Rd

Cost: Free! (Food not included)

Treat your stomach and your brain to a night of spicy wings and even spicier questions. This Homecoming event is sure to be as challenging as it is delicious. Assemble a team of friends, head out for some wings, and support WSU! Friday doesn’t get much better than that. Preregistration through the Student Activities Council is recommended.