Five tips to vote the right way

Tuesday is the final day in a more than year-long campaign for presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

Statehouse elections also resolve with the announcement of winners on Tuesday night.

Voting is closing in on a short window. Here are some tips to prepare for Election Day:

I) Don’t wait. 

a. If you have registered for advance voting, advance votes can be made from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, and 8 a.m. to noon Monday at the Sedgwick County Office.

II) Know your poll location. 

a. To find your poll location, go to

myvoteinfo.voteks.org and select “Polling Place.” You can search by your voter information or your resident address.

III) Ensure your registration. 

a. To ensure your registration, go to myvoteinfo.voteks.org and select “Registration Information.” This will verify that you are registered, show your part affiliation and your districts.

IV) Prepare your vote. 

a. To prepare your vote, know the candidates. Go to myvoteinfo.voteks.org and select “Registration Information.” Here you can view a sample ballot similar to the one you will see at your polling location.

V) Allow for plenty of time. 

a. Because Kansas is one of 34 states that allow early voting, voting on Election Day might not be as busy as in years past. However, lines could still be lengthy come Tuesday. Allow yourself at least an hour to complete the process.

Evan Pflugradt, Opinion Editor
Evan Pflugradt is the Opinion Editor and former Editor-in-Chief of The Sunflower. Pflugradt graduated from the Elliott School of Communication in spring 2017, and was recognized as the Elliott School’s Most Outstanding Journalism Graduate for the 2017 graduating class. Pflugradt graduated from Wichita State with a bachelor of arts in communication — journalism. He’s enjoyed...