Back to school events to look out for

Joseph Barringhaus/The Sunflower

Students swarm every corner of the courtyard Back to School Bash on August 18, 2018.

It’s back to school season, which means campus organizations are hosting events for the Wichita State community. Here is a list of events that students can attend in the upcoming weeks.

Shocker Resource Fair

When:10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 21

Where: Shocker Hall Plaza

The Student Activity Council will host a fair to familiarize students with on-campus programs, opportunities, and resources. If it rains, the event will relocate to the RSC first floor.

Stroll Off Competition

When: 6:30 p.m. Thurs., Aug. 23

Where: CAC Theater

The Greater Wichita NPHC will host the “I Bet You Won’t” Stroll Off Competition. Entry is free with two non-perishable items at the door, or $3.

Clash of the Colleges

When: 4 p.m. Fri., Aug. 24

Where: Cessna Stadium

The WSU Office of First-Year Programs will host the annual Clash of the Colleges, in which WSU’s academic colleges compete against each other in a series of outdoor activities. For more information, visit wichita.edu/clash.

Global Welcome Bash

When: 2-6 p.m. Sat., Aug. 25

Where: RSC 142

Student Government Association will host a meet-and-greet event for international students. Food will be provided.

One-Year Anniversary Celebration

When: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Sat., Aug. 25

Where: Fairmount Coffee Co.

To celebrate one year of operation, Fairmount Coffee and the Lutheran Student Center will host a day of live music. Each hour, a different artist/group will perform.

Ice Cream Social

When: 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. Mon., Aug. 27

Where: Lindquist 503

Sigma Tau Delta will host an event for students to socialize over ice cream.

Paint U Dance Part

When: 9 p.m. to midnight Thurs., Aug. 30

Where: RSC east courtyard

Student Activity Council will throw a colorful dance party free to the general public. Prepare to be covered in paint.