News in Brief — Sep. 10

File+graphic+

File graphic

Faculty Senate meets today

The Faculty Senate will meet from 3:30-5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 10 in 126 Clinton Hall.

Dean finalists named for the College of Engineering

Dennis Livesay

Dennis Livesay is currently the dean of the Graduate School and the associate vice president for Research and Technology at Wichita State University.

Livesay will host a public forum at 3:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 10 in 107 Devlin Hall.

Hamid Hefazi

Hamid Hefazi is a professor and head of the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the Florida Institute of Technology.

Hefazi will host a public forum at 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13 in 107 Devlin Hall.

John Woolschlager

John Woolschlager is director of the Emergent Technologies Institute, Backe Chair Eminent Scholar Professor, and director of Engineering Graduate Programs at the Florida Gulf Coast University.

Woolschlager will host a public forum at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 25 in 107 Devlin Hall.

Chuck Bunting

Chuck Bunting is the associate dean of research for the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology at Oklahoma State University.

Bunting will host a public forum at 3:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1 in 107 Devlin Hall.

Study Abroad Fair coming to RSC

Students who have studied abroad will share their experiences at The Office of International Education’s informational fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 11 on the first floor of the Rhatigan Student Center.

According to wichita.edu, all attendants will receive “a small prize” and will be entered to win one of two prize packages, which include items such as WSU gear, free tickets to Botanica Wichita Gardens, and a gift card to Chipotle Mexican Grill.

All students in attendance will also be entered for a chance to win a $500 study abroad scholarship.