Shockers stay at No. 6 in AP poll

Shockers+celebrate+during+the+second+half+of+the+game+against+UKMC+at+Koch+Arena.+
Shockers celebrate during the second half of the game against UKMC at Koch Arena.

Wichita State holds steady at No. 6 in the country after the second week of action in college basketball.

WSU (2-0) is No. 3 in KenPom and will play California in the first round of the Maui Jim Maui Invitational Monday at 4 P.M. (C/ST).

The Shockers received two votes for No. 3 and eight votes for No. 4 in Monday’s AP poll rankings.

Wichita State Shockers center Rauno Nurger makes a dunk against Newman during the charity exhibition game in Koch Arena.

Doug Doughty, who admitted to mistakingly rank the Shockers No. 15 in his ballot last week, placed WSU at No. 8 this week.

Notre Dame (3-0), a potential matchup with the Shockers should each team advance to the championship game of the Maui Jim Maui Invitational, is No. 13.

American Athletic Conference opponent Cincinnati (3-0) is No. 12 in the polls. Southern Methodist (2-0) and Temple (3-0) also received votes. Temple has three wins against teams ranked inside the top 100 of KenPom, all at neutral locations.

Baylor (3-0), who the Shockers play on Dec. 2, is No. 22.

Evan Pflugradt, Opinion Editor
Evan Pflugradt is the Opinion Editor and former Editor-in-Chief of The Sunflower. Pflugradt graduated from the Elliott School of Communication in spring 2017, and was recognized as the Elliott School’s Most Outstanding Journalism Graduate for the 2017 graduating class. Pflugradt graduated from Wichita State with a bachelor of arts in communication — journalism. He’s enjoyed...