OneStop is here for students

Students can receive immediate and personalized support services through OneStop, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, said OneStop specialist Lisa Hansen.

“OneStop is students’ go-to resource for fast, accurate answers and student-focused support for virtually all WSU-related needs,” she said.

“OneStop is considered an important development for overall student success and satisfaction.”

Centrally located in room 122 of Jabara Hall, students can receive assistance from OneStop staff 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday.

“OneStop is a centralized place where students can get their questions answered about admissions, advising, student accounts, financials and registration, as well as any other type of general questions they may have about WSU,” Hansen said.

OneStop opened on Aug. 6 and has since averaged about 125 chats or calls per day.  Staff expects that number to grow as more students learn about and utilize the services available at OneStop.

“OneStop gives students the ability to go to one place to have multiple questions answered,” Hansen said. “If we can’t answer the question for the student, we will get the information needed.

“We allow students to get answers in a quick and efficient manner, as well as free up resources for departments to help students with more complex issues or questions.”

Real-time technology allows students to access support 24 hours a day on the OneStop website.

“To fully utilize all these services, students will need to get their OneStop telephone access code found by going to ‘mywsu.wichita.edu’ and selecting ‘manage your password’ if they’re a current student and selecting ‘new to my WSU’ if they’re an incoming student,” Hansen said. “You can also always stop in the OneStop office and we will help you get set up.”

Virtual assistance is available via webchat at www.wichita.edu/onestop or by telephone at 855-978-1787.