Marshall and Shamet look to tie school records against College of Charleston

Wichita State guard Landry Shamet drives past a defender during their victory over UMKC. (Nov. 10, 2017)

Matt Crow

Matt Crow

Wichita State’s second game of the season against College of Charleston will be broadcasted on CBS Sports with announcer Brent Stover and analyst Bob Wenzel.

The Shockers and Cougars have met once before, in the 2011 NIT when WSU won 82-75.

Head Coach Greg Marshall and sophomore guard Landry Shamet will have the chance to make their marks on the WSU history books Monday night.

Shamet needs a three-point shot against Charleston to match Ron Baker’s record for consecutive games with a three (27).

The game will be the 353rd Marshall has coached at Wichita State, tying Ralph Miller’s school record. Miller coached from 1951-64.

Marshall and College of Charleston Head Coach Earl Grant are no strangers.

Grant was Marshall’s assistant coach at Winthrop, from 2004-2007, and at WSU from 2007-2010.

“It will be good to catch up with some folks that I really like and admire,” Marshall said.

Marshall said he believes Grant is coaching his best team yet, and that the Cougars pose a threat to the Shockers.

“I think it is his best team … He built it the right way,” Marshall said. “They’ve got some really, really good players. They are a dangerous team, and we are going to have to play very well.”

Tipoff is 8 p.m. Monday at Charles Koch Arena.

1 Comment
  • JDS

Go Shocks! We will be watching from our home here in sunny florida!

[Reply]

• Marshall and Shamet look to tie school records against College of Charleston

No. 3 Wichita State to go for third Big 12 win at INTRUST Bank Arena

Shockers move up to No. 3; Shamet named Player of the Week

Shockers get revenge in Stillwater

No. 6 Shockers head to Stillwater to face familiar foe

‘Refuse to lose attitude’ helps Shockers overcome 13-point deficit

Wichita State returns from top-20 win to take on South Dakota State

Shockers set records in blowout of Savannah State

Shockers say goodbye to Maui, hello to Savannah State

Wichita State Volleyball to host regional for NCAA Tournament

Shockers finish 20-0 in conference; seniors say goodbye