Weekly preview — week of Feb. 3

Weekly preview — week of Feb. 3

Monday, Feb. 4

Mentoring Mondays

Time: 4-6 p.m.

Location: Boys and Girls Club of South Central Kansas, 2400 N. Opportunity Dr.

Cost: Free!

Do you love working with children and giving back to the community? Mentoring Monday gives you the opportunity to do both. The Boys and Girls Club has partnered with the Community Service Board to create a weekly tutoring program. Mentoring Mondays are designed to bring Wichita State students to an environment where their skills can best be put to use. Make sure to register at www.wichita.edu/CSBvolunteer so you can take part.

Tuesday, Feb. 5

Trademark Tuesday

Time: 2-3:30 p.m.

Location: Ablah Library

Cost: Free!

In a world of stolen content and grey copyright laws, it’s best to know as much about trademarks as possible before entering any business. The Rocky Mountain Regional U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is holding an informational session in Ablah Library so you can learn the ropes. The digital session will provide an overview of trademark information and have a Q & A section to cover any missed topics. Make sure to RSVP at https://wichita.libcal.com/event/5029841.

SAC Trivia Night

Time: 7:00 p.m.

Location: RSC Starbucks

Cost: Free!

Are you a trivia champ? Are you looking to hone your trivia skills in a convenient on-campus location? Come on down to the RSC Starbucks to participate in this monthly night of trivia and fun! A range of prizes, specials on food and drink, and a fun theme make each night a delight. You can pre-register as a team or solo at the SAC website, [email protected]

Wednesday, Feb. 6.

Reading & Book Signing — B.A. Shapiro: The Collector’s Apprentice

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Ulrich Museum of Art

Cost: Free!

Fans of historical fiction and thrillers will love the work of B.A. Shapiro, who will be at the Ulrich this Wednesday to read and sign her excellent new book, “The Collector’s Apprentice.” Exploring the incredible world of Gertrude Stein’s salon, where artists like Picasso and Hemingway perfected their craft, “The Collector’s Apprentice” weaves art history into fiction for a delightful read. Now’s your chance to hear the work brought to life by the author herself and get a signed copy.

John Darr, Culture Editor

John Darr is the Culture Editor of The Sunflower.

John Darr is an MFA Candidate in Poetry Writing. His main interests are local art, student...