‘Wrong Window’ involves students in creative process

Performance major Jessica Curtiss struggles for her life during the play, “Wrong Window,” which is a spoof of Alfred Hitchcock’s “Rear Window”, at the Welsbacher Theatre inside the Hughes Metropolitan Complex. Performances continue at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday, and at 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Hughes Metropolitan Complex.

Correction: Tickets are $10 for general admission, $8 for military, senior citizens, faculty and staff, and $6 for students. Tickets are free for students with a Shocker ID. An earlier version of the story had incorrect ticket costs.

In the Second Stage series at Wichita State, performing arts students are in charge of the entire creative process.

From directing, set-building, acting and costume design, the students are able to have practical world experience in their career paths, according to a news release.

The Second Stage series will present the Alfred Hitchcock spoof, “The Wrong Window,” at the Welsbacher Theatre in the Hughes Metropolitan Complex (the 29th and Oliver entrance ‘F’). The show is at 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, and at 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are $10 for general admission, $8 for military, senior citizens, faculty and staff, and $6 for students. Tickets are free for students with a Shocker ID.

This play is loosely based off Hitchcock’s “Rear Window,” in which a couple witnesses their neighbor murder his wife. With an elaborate chase scene and some obnoxious sleuthing, the couple attempts to find out what is going on next door.

The spoof casts eight actors — from performing arts to communication majors. The stage production team includes eight performing art majors.