‘Malfunctioning air handler’ sounds fire alarm at Shocker Hall

Residents of Shocker Hall stand outside the building after a fire alarm sounded Monday morning around 11:55. A Wichita firefigther said the cause of the alarm was a malfunctioning air handler.

Editor-in-Chief

Wichita firefighters responded to a fire alarm sounding at Shocker Hall around 11:55 Monday morning.

The residence hall was evacuated shortly before noon when the alarm went off. Students remained outside in the cold temperatures for about 20 minutes while the firefighters checked the building.

Students were given the “all clear” around 12:20 and returned to the building.

A Wichita firefighter told the Sunflower that the fire alarm sounded because of a malfunctioning air handler.