Shocker Maniacs now official WSU fan club

What has been an outlet for those who exude Shocker pride has now become the official student fan club of Wichita State Athletics. Shocker Maniacs allows those who bleed black and yellow an entertainment experience.

“Shocker Maniacs is a part of the Athletic Department, which gives students access to a lot of different things such as meet and greets with players and coaches and the chance to attend exclusive watch parties,” Shocker Maniacs President Caroline King said.

To become a Maniac, applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student at WSU. Download the Shocker Maniacs application, available on both iPhones or Android, and check in at each attended sporting event. King said checking in earns points, which will enter students into drawings for prizes.

As a generous incentive for the 1,700 students already registered, Maniacs are given priority access to games and T-shirts, meet and greets, memorabilia and more.

Student Dani Galloway recently won front row seats to the first men’s basketball game.

“It must have been a random drawing because I was completely surprised,” Galloway said.

While attending a cookout at Shocker Hall, Galloway overheard people discussing incentives by just downloading the app.

“It’s really easy to be a member,” Galloway said. “Even students who only go to one sporting event can still use the app and benefit from it. I highly recommend it.”