Female allegedly sexually assaulted by 2 males on WSU campus

(Courtesy - WSU) Pictured is Memorial '70, in memory of the 1970 football plane crash, the sight of an alleged sexual assault Wednesday.

A female who attended the KFDI concert at Koch Arena Wednesday night says she was pushed to the ground and sexually assaulted by two men, according to a crime alerted issued by Wichita State police Thursday.

During the concert, she went to her vehicle — which was parked in the on-campus parking lot near the 1970 Football Memorial along Hillside. She said she was approached by two unknown males “who pushed her to the ground near the memorial and sexually assaulted her,” the emergency alert said.

University police had interviewed the female and her male companion around 9 p.m., Wednesday, after a passerby reported an altercation, the alert said.

“They both told police they were a couple just having an argument and nothing was wrong,” according to the statement, which is required by law under the Clery Act.

“Officers saw no sign of injury to either person.”

According to a friend of the female, she was assaulted before she spoke to UPD, the police statement said.

A friend of the female reported the sexual assault to Haysville Police Thursday.

According to the statement, the female is not a student of Wichita State.

“Under normal circumstances, this notice would have been issued sooner, unfortunately, there were delays in this case because the crime report came through a third party and University Police had to locate and interview the out-of-state resident, who was the reported victim,” according to the statement.

The alert, sent to WSU students, faculty and staff, includes descriptions of the two suspects: a white male in his late 30s, 5-foot-8, 140 to 150 lbs, last seen wearing a blue shirt and blue jeans; and a black male in his late 30s, 6-foot, 200 lbs, last seen wearing a dark-colored shirt and black pants.

If you have any information about this crime, please contact university police at 978-3450.

1 Comment

One Response to “Female allegedly sexually assaulted by 2 males on WSU campus”

1. ...what? on April 17th, 2017 10:10 pm

This issued alert seems late. I don’t think you have to interview before you interview people. An alert is meant to inform and keep people aware so that they can also be safe. WSU police seem a little bit off in their response to such a horrific incident at WSU. …weird.

[Reply]

• Female allegedly sexually assaulted by 2 males on WSU campus

The cost of a degree at Wichita State continues to climb, tuition and fees increase

District Attorney: “Evidence presented is insufficient to support the filing of charges” in alleged racial incident

Construction to begin on 2 unnamed additions to Innovation Campus this summer

Student Body President Hungate’s parents subject of alleged racial incident directed at former Student Body President Shepard

10 seniors awarded Senior Honor Men and Women distinction

Tomblin gets another raise

Christine Schneikart-Luebbe honored — questions remain

Best of Wichita

Best of Wichita: Saul gravy at Doo-Dah Diner

Linnabary accepts SGA nomination, no longer with The Sunflower

Power outage hits campus