Construction to begin on 2 unnamed additions to Innovation Campus this summer

Wichita State announced three new buildings on Innovation Campus that will begin this summer, but did not release the names of the tenants of those buildings.

“This is moving faster than we envisioned when we announced the Innovation Campus in August 2014,” said WSU President John Bardo in an email statement sent to students.

Partnership Building

One of the new buildings announced will be a 45,000-square-foot partnership building will “house tenants whose needs include working with WSU students and / or faculty,” the university statement said.

The partnership building will be located west of Airbus and north of the Experiential Engineering building. Construction will begin “in the next several weeks” and be completed in mid-2018, the statement said.

Braeburn Square

Two multi-tenant buildings in Braeburn Square, east of Starbucks, are expected to open in spring or summer of 2018.

“Developers are in discussions with potential tenants to occupy about 20,000 square feet,” the university statement said.

“No tenants will be named until agreements are concluded.”

Westin Hotel

Construction of a 90-room Element by Westin Hotel will begin in late summer and be open by fall 2018 near 19th Street and Oliver, the university said.

“There is land near the Element for a second hotel and two drive-through restaurants,” the university said.