Street Speak: ‘What do you think of the proposed housing rate increase at The Flats?’

The Flats are an apartment complex on Wichita State's campus. A rape was reported here late last year.

Tanat Maichan

Tanat Maichan

Tanat Maichan

Tanat Maichan
“Living on campus is too expensive for me. As a local, I can just drive 20 minutes to school,” said Sydney Alder, a freshman and non-resident.

Tanat Maichan
“[The Flats] are a great place to start as a freshman student. It’s obviously better than living at Fairmount,” said Othel Traylor, a freshman and resident at the Flats.

Tanat Maichan
“People already complain about the current Fairmount rates at The Flats. Raising the rates is going to inconvenience a lot of people,” said Godwin Olekanma, a sophomore and resident at the Flats.

Tanat Maichan
“I will not be living in the Flats next year. Me and my roommate had been planning to get an outside apartment anyways, but the increase in rates played a factor in our decision,” said Heaven Hill, a sophomore and resident at the Flats.

Tanat Maichan
“I’m too damn broke for this,” said Kathlynn Short, a freshman and resident at The Flats.