Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers at Wichita State won’t have this item on the menu

Freddy%27s+Frozen+Custard+and+Steakburgers+is+planning+to+open+Aug.+20+%E2%80%94+the+first+day+of+the+2018-19+school+year.+
Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers is planning to open Aug. 20 — the first day of the 2018-19 school year.

Evan Pflugradt

Evan Pflugradt

Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers will offer almost their full menu when they open in the Rhatigan Student Center in nearly two weeks.

Freddy’s, a Wichita staple, will offer steakburgers, hot dogs, and a full line of custard. They won’t, however, sell chicken strips. Chicken sandwiches are off the menu, too.

That’s because of vendor competition, Matt Pray, Chartwells manager, said. Chick-fil-A Express will be located adjacent to Freddy’s.

Panda Express will offer their full menu, Konda said. Panda Express won’t offer sushi, which has been a test item at some locations across the country.

The Freddy’s location at WSU will be the Wichita-based fast food chain’s first retailer on a college campus. It replaces Chartwells vendors Mondo Sub and Sono.