Useful resources for students

FILE PHOTO: Students work on projects at a computer lab at the Office of Diversity and Inclusion Wednesday.

How to use the Y membership you’re already paying for

As part of its Wellness Partnership with the YMCA, Wichita State is projected to have its own YMCA fitness center by 2020. Until then, currently enrolled Shockers have membership access to local YMCA facilities through the student activity fee paid by all students.

Students are automatically enlisted for a six-month membership after paying their student fees. The six-month period is renewed every semester.

To initiate your membership, simply take your Shocker ID card to the front desk on your first visit to the Y.

How to print for free

All students at Wichita State have access to free printing at the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, located on the second floor of the Rhatigan Student Center.

The office does not have color printing, but each student is allowed to print ten black and white sheets per day. Some of the sheets used in ODI’s printers are recycled and may have ink or writing on them. Don’t worry, students can always ask for clean sheets of paper from ODI’s front desk.

The Office of Diversity and Inclusion is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday and Friday, and 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday.

The Office of Adult Learning, located in the Gracie Wilkie Annex, also offers free printing services and asks that students print no more than 10 pages a day.

Student Health Services

Student Health Services, located at Ahlberg Hall, offers preventive and routine services, including, but not limited to:

• Immunizations
  • Pharmacy
  • Men’s & Women’s Health
  • Physical examinations
  • Laboratory services

Ahlberg Hall is located on the south side of campus near N. Harvard Ave. and WuShock Dr. Their office is open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. You can contact the Student Health Services office at (316) 978-3620.