Today’s news in brief

File+graphic+

File graphic

Physical Plant changing name to Facilities Services

Physical Plant is changing its name to Facilities Services. The building retains the name Gaddis Physical Plant Complex.

Their job is to provide services that include maintenance and repair of campus facilities, landscape, and hardscape.

WSU Foundation breaks its fundraising record

The WSU Foundation raised a record-breaking $66.6 million in private donations for the 2018 fiscal year, which is $10 million more than the old record. 

The total includes the largest donation in WSU’s history, a $12 million gift from Wayne Woolsey, a Wichita oil producer, and his wife, Kay. Most of that donation will go toward the building of a new home for the Barton School of Business.

McConnell partnership to offer bachelor’s degree education on-base to military members

A partnership between WSU and McConnell Air Force Base will provide military members an opportunity to work toward their bachelor’s degree on base starting this fall.

Anyone with a military ID will be able to take courses toward seven undergraduate degrees — general business, management, information technology and management information systems, engineering technology/cybersecurity, psychology, sociology, and workplace leadership and applied learning.

The programs will be offered in 8-week and traditional-length courses. Military students will have the option to use the Tuition Assistance program offered by McConnell’s Education Office.

Butler and Wichita State sign transfer agreement for business students

WSU and Butler Community College signed an agreement to allow the seamless transition of business graduates from Butler to WSU.

The agreement ensures that Butler classes would transfer directly into WSU’s business administration program.

RSC hours different for Labor Day

The Rhatigan Student Center and several of its departments will have different hours for Labor Day.

The Shocker Store and all food court options will be closed Monday, but Shocker Sports Grill & Lanes will be open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.

RSC general building hours will be from 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Labor Day.