Sunflower Staff Predictions — Wichita State travels to OKC for Oklahoma

Wichita State center Shaquille Morris fights for a layup against the Oklahoma Sooners Saturday in Intrust Bank Arena.

Matt Crow

Matt Crow

Matt Crow

Oklahoma’s only blemish is a loss against No. 12 Wisconsin; the Sooners own impressive wins against Florida and Notre Dame. Christian James averages nearly 20 points per game, and Brady Manek — who exploded against WSU last year — will be dangerous again from the perimeter. Expect WSU’s first win streak of the season to be snapped on the road.

81- 74, OU

— Marshall Sunner

Trae Young is in Atlanta, but that hasn’t stopped Oklahoma from shooting the three-ball. Nearly 30 percent of OU’s offense comes from three-pointers — as a team, they hit 40 percent of them, on average. This one will quickly become a shoot-out, but don’t expect either team to shoot upwards of 40 percent from deep in this high domed arena. This isn’t the Trae Young show anymore.

70-59, OU

— Evan Pflugradt

Erik Stevenson and Samajae Haynes-Jones will have another hot game. While Oklahoma has high caliber wins and some star players, WSU wants this one more. Expect WSU to fight off a slow start, pulling ahead in the final minutes.

76-74, WSU

— Joseph Barringhaus

Wichita State is still in search of a defensive stopper. If Dexter Dennis can help limit OU’s leading scorer Christian James and disrupt his rhythm from three, the Shockers will extend their winning streak to three games.

72-67, WSU

— Sean Marty

About the Writers
Evan Pflugradt, Sports Editor

Evan Pflugradt is the Sports Editor of The Sunflower.

Pflugradt graduated from the Elliott School of Communication in spring 2017, and was recognized...

Joseph Barringhaus, Sports Photo Editor

Joseph Barringhaus is the Sports Photo Editor for The Sunflower. Barringhaus is a senior at Wichita State majoring in marketing with a minor in communications....

Marshall Sunner, Reporter

Marshall Sunner is a reporter for The Sunflower.

Sunner is a freshman at Wichita State.