Weekly preview — week of Jan. 27

File+graphic+

File graphic

Monday, Jan. 28

Volunteer Fair

Time: 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Location: RSC First Floor

Cost: Free!

Wichita State’s Community Service Board is making volunteer opportunities more accessible than ever during this year’s Volunteer Fair. Agencies across the Wichita metro area will be in the RSC this Monday. It’s a great opportunity to find something that suits your talents and schedule. Visit five different agencies during the fair and you’ll be entered for a special prize!

Tuesday, Jan. 29

DIY Vision Boards

Time: 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.

Location: RSC First Floor

Cost: Free!

Having New Year’s Resolutions and goals for the coming semester is great, but bringing them all together in a vision board is even better! Head over the RSC this Tuesday to make a vision board for free with other Shockers. The Student Activities Council will providing everything you need to map your dreams and aspirations.

Wednesday, Jan. 30

Shock the Future: All Students Town Hall Meeting

Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1 p.m.

Location: RSC Beggs Ballroom

Cost: Free!

Showing up to a town hall meeting is still the best way to stay engaged as a WSU student. Stay informed on university policies that affect you and make sure to voice your opinion during the forum. Acting President and Provost Richard Muma will be answering key questions about the March referendum asking students to raise their own student fees to address campus infrastructure priorities.

Thursday, Jan. 31

Springfest

Time: 5 – 7 p.m.

Location: Heskett Center

Cost: Free!

Free food! Prize giveaways! Giant inflatables! Those are three great reasons to come to Springfest, an event thrown by campus powerhouse organizations to bring a burst of joy to WSU’s campus and kick the semester off right. There will be a live DJ to soundtrack the day, and a whole bunch of informational tables for networking and socializing purposes. Don’t miss the fun!