76ers trade Shamet to Clippers

76ers trade Shamet to Clippers

Wichita State guard Landry Shamet hits the ground after contact from a Oklahoma State player in Gallagher-Iba Arena on Saturday.

Evan Pflugradt, Sports Editor

The Philadelphia 76ers have traded rookie Landry Shamet to the Los Angeles Clippers.

Shamet, the former Wichita State Shocker, was included in a blockbuster trade to partner Tobias Harris with the Sixers’ front court consisting of Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and Jimmy Butler. This comes as the Sixers make a push for the Eastern Conference title.

Philadelphia’s gained Boban Marjanovic and Mike Scott in the deal, while the Sixers gave up Shamet, Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, and future draft picks.

The deal was finalized ahead of Thursday’s trade deadline.

Wichita State guard Landry Shamet passes the ball to Wichita State forward Markis McDuffie during the second half against the Southern Methodist Mustangs at Moody Coliseum.

Shamet had averaged 10 points on 48 percent shooting in his last 10 games with Philadelphia. For the season, Shamet averaged 40 percent from three and 44 percent from the field. He averaged eight points for Philadelphia, playing in an average of 20 minutes per game.

Shamet broke Philadelphia’s franchise record for a rookie, making eight three-pointers in a game a month ago. His 29 points in that game was a career-high.

The 6-foot-4 guard out of Kansas City, Missouri, declared for the NBA after his sophomore season with the Shockers. The 76ers drafted Shamet with the 26th pick in the NBA Draft.

Landry Shamet and Shaquille Morris answer questions from the media during the press conference, Thursday March 15, 2018, in San Diego.

Evan Pflugradt, Sports Editor

Evan Pflugradt is the Sports Editor of The Sunflower.

Pflugradt graduated from the Elliott School of Communication in spring 2017, and was recognized...

Brian Hayes, Former Photo Editor

Brian is the photo editor at The Sunflower. Hayes is a junior majoring in mass communication with an emphasis in journalism. He is from Wichita. Hayes enjoys...