Wichita Biomedical Campus receives $15 million from Kansas Department for Disability and Aging Services

Concept art of the Wichita Biomedical Campus (photo courtesy of Lainie Mazzullo-Hart)

The Wichita Biomedical Campus, a collaborative project between Wichita State, WSU Tech and the University of Kansas, received a grant of $15 million from the Kansas Department for Disability and Aging Services (KDADS), bringing the current total of raised funds up to $205 million. 

The planned campus has a funding goal of $300 million, which is needed to begin construction on the 471,000-square-foot facility. This grant is the second grant that the project has received, following a $190 million grant from the Kansas Legislature.

According to Strategic Communications at Wichita State, the Wichita Biomedical Campus is set to be one of the biggest investments in the region and will offer classes for students going into the biomedical field. 

This grant, along with other funding received, will allow the project to start early construction phases in the spring of 2024 with hopes to finish up the project in the fall of 2026.