News in brief, Dec. 3

Homemade for the Holidays to show how to save money

With the holidays just around the corner and Christmas shopping underway, the Office of Student Money Management is hosting an event to show how to save money.

The Office of Student Money Management is hosting “Homemade for the Holidays,” beginning at 11:30 a.m. today on the first floor of the RSC.

For more information, call the Office of Student Money Management at 978-3254.

Annual Wednesdays in Wiedemann Christmas Organ concert tonight

The fifth annual Christmas Organ concert, a part of Wednesdays in Wiedemann, takes place tonight.

Music professor Lynne Davis will perform on the organ, starting at 5:15 p.m. tonight. The concert lasts for half an hour.

Tickets for the concert are free. Doors open half an hour before showtime. The Wiedemann Box Office opens one hour before showtime in the Wiedemann Lobby.

For more information, call the Fine Arts Box Office at 978-3233, or email [email protected].

Friend of Nelson Mandela to speak Monday

Christo Brand, a friend of the late Nelson Mandela, is speaking in the Lowe Auditorium at the Hughes Metropolitan Complex Monday.

Brand’s talk begins at 7 p.m. It is free and open to the public.

Brand recently released a book on his relationship with Mandela titled “Mandela, My Prisoner, My Friend,” which tells the story of his friendship with the African president.

Ted Ayers, vice president and general counsel for Wichita State, will interview Brand during the talk.

Copies of Brand’s novel will be available at the event by Watermark Books. Brand will sign copies of his book after speaking.

For more information, call Ayres at 978-6791 or visit the Watermark Books website at watermarkbooks.com/event.

Final Sunflower issue of fall releases tomorrow

The final issue of the Sunflower for the fall semester will be released tomorrow.

The paper will be a holiday theme. The guide will feature our usual content in the S, along with some other holiday feature stories and columns.

The Sunflower will not print after Thursday, due to classes ending. Printing resumes Jan. 21.

Check the Sunflower’s website, thesunflower.com for breaking news stories occurring over the holiday break.

The staff wishes all of the Wichita State community a happy holiday season.