Accounts receivable employee arrested on campus for DUI

UPDATE, 1:30 p.m. Wednesday

Sedgwick County booking records say Paul Crandon was arrested on campus Tuesday morning for allegedly driving under the influence and failing to yield at a stop sign, both misdemeanor charges. 

University police arrested Crandon, a 52-year-old WSU employee, at the 3500 block of WuShock Drive, near the Rhatigan Student Center parking garage.

The university website lists Crandon as an employee in the Accounts Receivable Office.

The WSUPD crime log says Crandon was arrested at approximately 8 a.m. and that he had a plastic cup of alcohol in his vehicle.

“We can’t comment about his case specifically because it’s still pending,” said Lainie Mazzullo, co-director of WSU news and media relations. “But we certainly don’t condone anyone driving under the influence and are happy that our University Police are here to keep campus safe.”

ORIGINAL STORY

A Wichita State employee was arrested on campus Tuesday morning for allegedly driving under the influence, according to Wichita State University Police Chief Rodney Clark.

Clark said the employee, a 52-year-old white male, ran a stop sign while on the way to the Human Resources Center between the CAC Theatre and Rhatigan Student Center. When officers pulled the driver over, they smelled alcohol and found an open container of alcohol in the vehicle. The driver was arrested after failing field sobriety tests.

“We have had some inquiries about police activity in the RSC parking garage,” WSUPD said Tuesday morning in a Facebook post. “We are currently on a traffic stop regarding potential impaired driving–there is NO threat to the Wichita State University community.”

WSUPD is not releasing the name of the employee at this time.

EDITOR’S NOTE: This is a developing story and will be updated as more details become available.